Ficus Natasja is a variety that has gained wide popularity. It has long been believed that this plant gives love and family well-being – the more intense it grows, the happier the relationship will be. But what are the features of this miniature tree, how to properly care for it, and what to know about the most common diseases and treatments.
The birthplace of ficuses is considered to be the hot countries, where summer reigns all year round. That is why the flower needs to be kept at a certain temperature – the room should be warm and humid.
Ficus Natasja looks more like a small shrub than a room flower in appearance. Leaves are slightly elongated in shape, with a monochrome green tint. At home, the plant does not flower. Quite common is the question of how to weave branches. You just need to plant the stems next to each other, connecting them together – and get a stylish and unusual element of decoration.
For this flower is unacceptable temperature fluctuations – the room must maintain an optimal microclimate. Location should be chosen in advance – even before the ficus is brought into the house. Almost all species of this plant have quite capricious character, and Ficus Natasja is no exception. It is necessary to carefully monitor the conditions of its maintenance, constantly maintaining the necessary level of humidity, optimal temperature, as well as using enough liquid and fertilizer for fertilization.
Important! The lush crown of this small shrub is its distinctive feature. Therefore, during each irrigation, it is important to gently shake the branches – it will open the access to the air flows, so necessary for the flower.
The plant needs humidification – you can refresh it by sprinkling the leaves from the sprayer. This should be done not only in summer, but also in winter, because the active batteries do not only heat, but also dry the air. Young flowers for this period and can be placed under a large jar, creating a kind of greenhouse.
Very often the ficus leaves fall off and yellow after a short period of time after purchase. If the process is slow, then you can not worry about it – it’s a kind of reaction of the plant to such stress. It is necessary to provide proper care – and everything will normalize.
Taking care of Ficus Natasja at home
Ficus Natasja is a small plant, which is only about 40 cm high. But despite its small size, it needs special care. What does it include?
- Watering: Watering Ficus cannot be planned according to a standard scheme, for example, by moistening the soil once a week. This plant requires an individual approach, because too much fluid only harms it. Understand that it’s time to “refresh” the soil by sticking a wooden stick or toothpick in it – if the top 3 cm are still wet, you can take your time with watering. It is only important not to let the ground finally dry up.
It is undesirable to use tap water. Before watering, the liquid should stand for at least 2 days. Starting in spring, the volume of water gradually increases, starting in autumn, it decreases.
It is better to water the ficus slowly, alternately introducing the liquid in small portions. Each of them should be well absorbed – everything that appears on the pallet in 30-60 minutes – drain gently. Under no circumstances should cold water be used – it should be at room temperature otherwise it will harm the roots.
- Reproduction: In spring, during the active growth of the flower, it is time to think about its reproduction. To do this, cut off from the top of one of the young but already woody cuttings with several leaves (no more than 4).
Reproduction of Ficus Natasja is not very difficult – after working with a pruning shear, the resulting sprout should be put in clean water, which is updated every 2-3 days. The stalk is in water until the roots appear, which takes about 3 weeks.
Important: In place of the cut a white juice is formed – if you do not renew the liquid, it will harden and prevent future roots from germinating.
You can put the stalk not in water, but wet sand and cover with a can or film, creating a greenhouse effect. After a few weeks, the stalk is transplanted into a pre-prepared soil containing mineral and organic fertilizers.
- Transplantation: Pruning and crown formation, transplantation – all these procedures are performed in spring. The root system of young plants very quickly fills all the space, which means it’s time to buy a new pot.
It is necessary to cut a small cut in the upper part – it should be at least half woody. Until the roots appear, the sprout is in the water, and in a few weeks it will be transplanted into a suitable soil.
You can cut this variety at your own discretion – it is easy to tolerate the procedure, and it won’t be difficult to change its shape. The main thing is to use a sharp pruning shear, as well as to determine in advance the choice of future style.
- Fertilization: In spring and summer, the care of Ficus Natasja includes the introduction of additional fertilization, otherwise the branches will start to thin out and the leaves may completely crumble. It is better to pick up the fertilizer in a specialized store, diluting the concentrate strictly according to instructions.
Feeding is introduced 1-2 times a month – mineral fertilizers alternate with organic. When transplanting or planting cuttings, it is important to observe the reaction of the plant – it will make it possible to make an optimal schedule of nutrition of the soil. In no case should not violate the proportions of cultivation of the means – excess nutrients are harmful and can provoke the development of various diseases.
Diseases: why do the leaves crumble?
Owners of this variety are often faced with the fact that Ficus Natasja drops its leaves. There may be many reasons for this, but most often the problem is the improper care of a small shrub, for which special conditions must be provided.
Initially, it is necessary:
- Check the temperature in the room (it must be at least 17-18 degrees).
- Provide extra moisturizing by spraying leaves from the sprayer daily
- Develop an optimal irrigation regime by moistening the land when necessary but not allowing it to dry out.
Very often the ficus resets the leaves after transplanting or when moving to a new place. It is not superfluous to examine the inside of the leaf – if pests are found on it, you will need to use chemicals.
You can appreciate the beauty of Ficus Natasja in the photo – such greenery will decorate any apartment. In addition, they have very special properties, and purification of the air in the premises will pay off all the efforts, spent on cultivation.